713 966 6789 x 3002
J.D., Harvard Law School
Joe is a trial lawyer who specializes in commercial disputes. He also handles First Amendment cases against media defendants.
Joe earned his B.A. in philosophy with highest honors from the University of Texas at Austin and his J.D. from Harvard Law School. Before law school, he served in the 2nd Ranger Battalion of the United States Army. He previously practiced at Dallas litigation boutique Bickel & Brewer.
Joe was named a Texas Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers magazine in every year since 2007, a Professional on the Fast Track by H Magazine in 2009, and one of Houston's Best Lawyers by H Magazine in 2010 and 2011.
- Prominent Dallas family in connection with a defamatory article in the Dallas Morning News regarding the death of their son.
- Magnolia Hotel in a contract dispute with Otis Elevator Company.
- U.S. Oil and affiliated companies in a civil environmental enforcement action brought by Harris County, Texas, and the State of Texas.
- KTJ Group in breach-of-fiduciary-duty claims against the former CEO of certain KTJ Group operating companies.
- Zero CO2 in claims against Iroquois Capital and Woodrock Capital arising out of the acquisition of oilfields in Missouri.
- Son of Fort Bend County sheriff in landmark defamation case against newspaper.
- Seismic Reservoir 2020 Inc. in breach-of-fiduciary-duty claims against its former CEO.
- St. James Capital Partners limited partners in $50,000,000 case against former general partner tried over eight weeks in state court in Harris County, Texas.
- Mercedes-Benz in multiple cases in Texas; obtained a take-nothing verdict in a case in which the engine of the car at issue repeatedly burst into fire.