713 966 6789 x 3002
Admitted to the bar in Texas
Joe is a trial lawyer who excels at explaining complicated cases to juries. His experience includes disputes between general and limited partners in investment funds, disputes between partners and shareholders, real-estate disputes, and First Amendment cases against media defendants.
Joe earned his B.A. in philosophy with highest honors from the University of Texas at Austin and his J.D. from Harvard Law School. Joe served in the 2nd Ranger Battalion of the United States Army and began his legal career at the Dallas litigation boutique Bickel & Brewer before founding Camara & Sibley.
Joe has been named a Texas Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers Magazine in every year since 2007, a Professional on the Fast Track by H Magazine in 2009, and one of Houston's Best Lawyers by H Magazine in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Joe has broad interests, including literature, history, philosophy (especially Nietzsche), and politics.Show Representative Matters
- Company director in defense of an ERISA case alleging plan mismanagement.
- Prominent Dallas family in a defamation case against Dallas Morning News.
- Magnolia Hotel in a breach-of-contract case against Otis Elevator Co.
- U.S. Oil Recovery LP and affiliates in an environmental civil enforcement case brought by Harris County, Texas, and the State of Texas.
- KTJ Group in a breach-of-fiduciary-duty case against the former CEO of certain KTJ Group operating companies.
- Zero CO2 in claims against Iroquois Capital and Woodrock Capital arising out of an oilfield acquisition in Missouri.
- Son of Fort Bend County sheriff in a landmark defamation case against a newspaper.
- Seismic Reservoir 2020 Inc. in a breach-of-fiduciary-duty case against its former CEO.
- St. James Capital Partners limited partners in a breach-of-fiduciary-duty and breach-of-partnership-agreement case against former general partner.
- Mercedes-Benz in multiple alleged defect and breach-of-warranty cases in Texas.