713 966 6789 x 3003
J.D., University of Texas
Kent is a commercial litigator who specializes in complex defense cases. He has represented Fortune 500 corporations, privately held companies, international defense contractors, major oil-and-gas companies, famous individuals, and a major aviation company in commercial, intellectual-property, and mass-tort litigation.
Kent joined Camara & Sibley soon after the firm was founded and was elected presiding partner on January 1, 2010. Kent previously practiced at Vinson & Elkins and was part of the group that opened the Houston offices of Pillsbury Winthrop and Hogan Lovells.
Kent earned his J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law. Before going to law school, he taught communication at the University of New Mexico and Illinois State University. He is a registered member of the Cherokee Nation.
- Consolidated Telecom in a patent-infringement action over VOIP calling technology.
- Westlake Chemical in connection with certain polyethylene contracts.
- SAIC in a breach-of-contract action against Conoco.
- TODCO, an independent drilling company, in breach-of-contract and breach-of-fiduciary-duty arbitration against its former parent, Transocean.
- Waste Management in a breach-of-contract action against U.S. Liquids.
- Waste Management in a securities-fraud case brought by its two largest shareholders.
- Advanced Wirecloth in a patent- and trademark-infringement case brought by Derrick Equipment Co.
- Bell Helicopter in a breach-of-contract and copyright-infringement case.
- Minority shareholder's claim for proceeds of acquisition wrongfully misappropriated by majority shareholders.
- Aircraft manufacturer in multidistrict product-liability suits arising out of a catastrophic aircraft accident and a product-liability suit involving the death of a flight attendant.
- Wyeth in multidistrict product-liability mass actions arising out of Fen-Phen.
- Law firm in malpractice and fraud cases arising out of the collapse of Enron.
- Chevron in multiple environmental lawsuits arising out of an accident at an LNG facility.