J.D., Harvard Law School
Law Clerk, Judge Harris Hartz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Kiwi handles high-stakes trials, appeals, and advisory work in the areas of antitrust and intellectual property.
Kiwi earned his B.S. summa cum laude in computer science and mathematics from Hawaii Pacific University and his J.D. magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. He was also a Ph.D. student in economics at Stanford University. Before founding Camara & Sibley, Kiwi taught corporate law at Northwestern University and published articles on corporate and international law, including in the Yale Law Journal.
Kiwi volunteers as a member of the Tenth Circuit's appellate panel and a Houston-area admissions interviewer for Harvard College. In 2005, the Republic of the Philippines recognized his work with a presidential commendation. Kiwi was named a Texas Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers magazine in 2011 and 2012 and one of Houston's Best Lawyers by H Texas magazine in 2010 and 2011.
- Security-software company in copyright-infringement claims against competitors who stole code.
- Chemicals and plastics company in connection with a $250,000,000 plant acquisition, breach of a long-term chemicals contract, breach of a long-term pipeline agreement, and allegations of price discrimination in violation of the Robinson-Patman Act.
- Computer manufacturer defending copyright-infringement claims brought by Apple in California and asserting antitrust claims against Apple in Florida.
- Chemical waste-management company in two toxic-tort class actions, a contamination action brought by a residential developer, and a civil environmental enforcement action brought by the State of Texas.
- Music downloaders in piracy cases, including the first piracy case to go to trial in the United States; obtained a ruling striking down Copyright Act statutory damages as unconstitutional.
- Natural-gas trader in a $30,000,000 claim against hedge fund Saracen Energy.
- Two energy managing directors in an eight-figure claim against hedge-fund manager D.B. Zwirn & Co.
- Weatherford's former chief Middle East counsel against Weatherford in connection with criminal investigations by the DOJ and the SEC arising out of alleged violations of anticorruption, export, and securities laws.
- General counsel of Middle East sovereign oil and gas company regarding alleged FCPA violations.