713 966 6789 x 3002
J.D., Harvard Law School
Joe is a trial lawyer who specializes in commercial disputes. He also handles First Amendment cases against media defendants.
Joe earned his B.A. in philosophy with highest honors from the University of Texas at Austin and his J.D. from Harvard Law School. Before law school, he served in the 2nd Ranger Battalion of the United States Army.
Joe was named a Texas Rising Star by Texas Super Lawyers magazine in every year since 2007, a Professional on the Fast Track by H Magazine in 2009, and one of Houston's Best Lawyers by H Magazine in 2010 and 2011.
- One of nation's largest insurance companies in breach of contract case against competitor.
- Dallas family in connection with a defamatory article in the Dallas Morning News regarding the death of their son. Resulted in two victorious published decisions from Dallas Court of Appeals.
- Prominent Houston hotel in a contract dispute with Otis Elevator Company.
- Family of oil recovery companies in a civil environmental enforcement action brought by Harris County, Texas, and the State of Texas.
- Automotive parts group in breach-of-fiduciary-duty claims against the former CEO.
- Son of Fort Bend County sheriff in landmark defamation case against newspaper.
- Seismic imaging company in breach-of-fiduciary-duty claims against its former CEO. Victorious on appeal in the 9th Circuit.
- St. James Capital Partners limited partners in $50,000,000 case against former general partner tried over eight weeks in state court in Harris County, Texas.
- Represented Mercedes-Benz in multiple Texas cases.
- Mother falsely accused of child abuse on social media forum in defamation suit.