713 966 6789 x 3007
Admitted to the bar in New York; Texas admission pending
Kevin's practice focuses on corporate and commercial transactions and compliance matters.
Kevin, a native Brazilian, is fluent in Portuguese and Spanish and has handled transactions in those languages in Spain and throughout Latin America. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, structured finance, commercial contracts, and advising boards and senior executives about a variety of corporate-governance issues.
Before joining Camara & Sibley, Kevin practiced at HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. and Fulbright & Jaworski in Houston and at Dewey Ballantine and Paul Weiss in New York City. Kevin earned his J.D. from Fordham University. At Fordham, Kevin was a Crowley Advocate and published “Brazil and the MST: Land Reform and Human Rights” in The New York International Law Review.
Before law school, Kevin obtained an MA in Theater Arts as well as an award for playwriting.
- WorleyParsons in $97.6M acquisition of CNEC Engenharia (CNEC), the standalone engineering and project-management operation of Brazilian conglomerate Camargo Correa's E&C division. Due diligence was conducted in Portuguese.
- Parker Drilling in designing and implementing a new worldwide compliance system.
- HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. in negotiating a $90M U.K. standby letter of credit and certain investment management agreements.
- HCC Life and the Mayo Clinic in drafting a provider agreement and access agreement.
- Mexican and other Latin American financial institutions and operating companies in the housing and construction industries in offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation S, including debt secured by a revolving pool of mortgage and construction loans.
- Brazilian bank in debt restructuring following a merger with another Brazilian bank.
- Mexican finance company in negotiation of warehouse facility sponsored by Merrill Lynch and the IFC.