713 966 6789 x 3007
Admitted to the bar in New York; Texas admission pending
Kevin is a corporate lawyer with a particular emphasis on U.S. – China and U.S. – Latin America transactions in the energy and insurance industries. He has advised corporate clients in corporate and commercial transactions (project finance, joint ventures, securitizations, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, etc.) as well as boards of directors in compliance and corporate-governance matters.
Before joining Camara & Sibley, Kevin was in-house counsel at HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. and previously practiced at Fulbright & Jaworski in Houston and Dewey Ballantine and Paul Weiss in New York City. Kevin earned his J.D. from Fordham University, where he was a Crowley Advocate and published “Brazil and the MST: Land Reform and Human Rights” in The New York International Review.
Kevin is a playwright with an MA in theater arts who has had his plays produced in several New York City theaters. He occasionally lectures on drama and writing at colleges in Houston.Show Representative Matters
- Chinese oilfield technology company in a variety of financing, joint-venture, and supply agreements in the United States and Latin America.
- Factoring company in connection with factoring arrangements and intercreditor agreements.
- WorleyParsons in $97.6M acquisition of CNEC Engenharia (CNEC), the standalone engineering and project-management operation of Brazilian conglomerate Camargo Correa's E&C division. Due diligence was conducted in Portuguese.
- Parker Drilling in designing and implementing a new worldwide compliance system.
- HCC Insurance Holdings Inc. in negotiating a $90M U.K. standby letter of credit and certain investment management agreements.
- HCC Life and the Mayo Clinic in drafting a provider agreement and access agreement.
- Mexican and other Latin American financial institutions and operating companies in the housing and construction industries in offerings under Rule 144A and Regulation S, including debt secured by a revolving pool of mortgage and construction loans.
- Brazilian bank in debt restructuring following a merger with another Brazilian bank.
- Mexican finance company in negotiation of warehouse facility sponsored by Merrill Lynch and the IFC.